Thursday 1 September 2016

Outfit: Locked out of heaven


Black dress: Wholesale7 ~ Shoes: Wholesale7 ~ Bag: Zaful ~ Belt: vintage

Hey everyone!
I can't believe it - we're really (finally!) having the most amazing summer. Those of you who are following my Instagram already now that I went on a bit of a roadtrip with a friend to make the most of this beautiful time of the year :) Now I'm back with a whole bunch of new stuff to show you guys! I'll start with the dress: it's super comfy and stretchy so it creates beautiful curves. It's one of those dresses you can easily dress up and down for formal or casual occasions. I decided to opt for a casual look here so I paired it with these gorgeous platform sneakers. I don't own that many sneakers as I always figured they'd make my feet look unnaturally flat and my legs shorter than usual. Not platform sneakers though! Those couple of cm make them look so much better and avoid the weird flat feet look. I loved them to bits the instant I unpacked them *.* Unfortunately they're out of stock now but in case you get a chance to buy them - be sure to order one or two sizes larger than usual as they are really small!
I got this bag to pretend I'm in control of my life. No seriously, I felt like I needed a bit of a grown-up bag. I'm usually more of a backpack person but now that I'm gonna start working with an actual company in October I often feel like I should start dressing like an adult. Sometimes. :D

Now here's the back-story of this outfit... I just wanted to go outside to shoot this look like I always do. I put all my camera gear and the bag in front of my apartment door just to get the keys when a gust of wind slammed the door shut. I was outside, my keys, my phone, my wallet, just about everything was inside. Yep.
LUCKILY I live on the raised ground floor and LUCKILY one of the windows was still tilted so I sensed there was hope. I found a very lovely neighbor with a ladder and a crowbar who helped me climb up to the window, raise the very heavy blinds with the crowbar and open one of the windows so we could climb in. After I had taken a couple deep breaths and my face color had gone from red back to normal I could finally take some pictures. Most nerve-wracking look I ever shot! :D

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment