Saturday 13 February 2016

Outfit: Love will tear us apart


Faux leather jacket: H&M, similar here ~ Velvet crop top: Urban Outfitters (old) ~ Skirt with rose print: DIY ~ Belt: vintage ~ Platforms: asos (second hand), similar here

Heeey everyone!
I've been wanting to post this look for quite a while as it's been one of my faves recently. So the fact that I'm putting this rose inspired look up on the blog for Valentine's Day is sheer coincidence :D It was kinda hard to shoot though as I forgot my memory card at my parents' house :/ But here it is.
In this outfit I'm wearing lots of old favourites of mine. In my opinion the skirt + belt + (faux) leather jacket combo always works. It's probably the one look I'd go for if everything else failed because it always looks fab and put together. I've been wondering for quite a while why this combo looks so "right" and I think it has something to do with symmetry and the items "dividing" the body in a harmonious way. I might actually do a post on that.
I'm utterly obsessed with flower print skirts and vintage belts and totally intending to get more of both. This skirt was a DIY project - sewn from fabric remnants from my mum's atelier. It goes so well with my beloved rose tights I already showed you a while ago. The length of the skirt plus the overknee socks are so flattering for the legs in contrast to, let's say, denim pants - it's almost ridiculous. It really makes the legs so much longer and leaner.

So what are you guys up to this weekend? I'm gonna have a very nerdy V-Date including burgers and Deadpool. It's gonna be romantic af :D

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment